Soft matte, ultra-white facestock. Thermal Transfer on 3″ core rolls. Features a high bond acrylic adhesive ideal for case marking, warehousing, shipping & receiving, work-in process, and inventory applications
Barcode Labels and Media
Every Printer Needs a Label
To complement your barcode printing initiatives, Barcoding, Inc. offers a full range of labels and tags to meet your specific application and budget from Zebra, Intermec, and our own Consumables by Barcoding™ line (formerly Miles Media). Both paper and synthetic labels are available, for use with both direct thermal and thermal transfer printers.
Our media specialists will help you choose the most appropriate label media for your particular application – from in-stock label media to custom or pre-printed labels.
- Over 100 paper and synthetic label and tag materials.
- 400 stock ZipShipSM products that are ready to ship from Zebra.
- UL/cUL and CSA approved materials.
Barcode Label Options
- Featured – Zebra Z-Slip
- Permanent adhesive labels
- Tamper evident labels
- Removeable labels
- Jewelry labels
- Asset tags
- Freezer labels
- Cryogenic labels
- Labels for oily surfaces
- Heat resistant labels
- Specimen labels
- ID cards
- Patient identification bracelets
- Etching barcodes onto metal surfaces
Need Customized or Specialty Barcode Labels?
Check out our extensive selection of custom labels – from warehouse accessories like aisle, floor, and shelf labels to windshield stickers to asset labels and more.
Types of Stock Labels
Treated with a heat sensitive layer and imaged through direct contact with the print head. Provide enhanced durability for applications where high humidity and surface abrasion are a concern.
Available in both paper and synthetic stock. Synthetic or “film” labels are tear resistance, aggressive adhesives, moisture and heat resistance. Choose these for outdoor applications or harsh manufacturing conditions.
Standard, bright white smooth paper facestock specially coated to provide the optimal balance between performance and price. Available in thermal transfer and direct thermal.
Premium, bright white, ultra smooth paper facestock specially coated to provide optimal performance. Available in direct thermal and thermal transfer. Includes standard, all-temp and removable adhesives.
Standard, bright white smooth paper facestock that has the ability to print vibrant color on demand in pre-defined zones to be used as a visual cue. Available in direct thermal. Offering includes standard and removable adhesives.
White polyolefin facestock providing minimal resistance to scratching and smearing, temperatures up to 200 degrees F (93 degrees C) and up to 6 months outdoors. Offering includes semi-rigid and flexible materials for use on rough or curved surfaces. Available in thermal transfer.
White matte polypropylene facestock that provides the best all-around performance for most applications. Offers some flexibility for labeling curved surfaces. Resistant to scratching and smearing, temperatures up to 250 degrees F (121 degrees C) and 1-2 years outdoors. Available in thermal transfer and direct thermal. Offering includes Kimdura® materials and standard, high-tack and removable adhesives.
Matte polyester facestock with good smear and scratch resistance, excellent resistance to harsh chemicals, temperature exposure up to 300 degrees F (149 degrees C) and up to 3 years outdoors. Available in thermal transfer. Offering includes a selection of white, silver and clear materials; as well as standard, high-tack and removable adhesives.
Gloss polyester facestock that provides unparalleled smear and scratch resistance, resistance to moderate chemicals and up to 3 years outdoors. Available in thermal transfer in white, silver and clear. Offering includes standard, high-tack and removable adhesives.
Polyimide facestock designed for high-temperature environments up to 500 degrees F (250 degrees C). Available in thermal transfer with a matte or gloss finish. Matte finish available in white. Gloss finish available in white, yellow, blue and green.
It's not just a label - it's your business!Contact the Consumables by Barcoding team!
Let's take a closer look at thermal transfer...
Benefits and Disadvantages of Thermal Transfer Printing
Thermal Transfer – Advantages
- Image durability. It’s the label type needed for harsh environments.
- Superb resolution of bar codes, text and graphics.
- Longer printhead life compared to direct thermal printers.
- Can be color depending on color of label – black, blue, red, green, white.
Thermal Transfer – Disadvantages
- Dual media needed – labels and ribbons. More to purchase and store.
- Ribbons can be tricky to load.
- Must match ribbon to facestock.
- Single pass ribbon can be wasteful if little is printed on long labels.
Now, let's take a look at direct thermal printing...
Benefits and Disadvantages of Direct Thermal Printing
- Easy to order and store
- Easy to load into printer
- High reliability. Low failure rates. Quality print.
- Fast printing speeds
- Clean, quiet, no extra disposals.
- Label life expectancy less than one year.
- Label stock can be more expensive than thermal transfer.
- Increased wear on thermal print heads – ½ life of thermal transfer.
- DT labels don’t like moisture, heat, bright lights, sunlight