Tracking the Manufacturing Process
Work-in-Process Software Applications by Barcoding, Inc.
For manufacturers, accurate and efficient work-in-process (WIP) flows are essential to the health of the supply chain. Leveraging WIP software with data capture technology (barcode, RFID), manufacturers can analyze and monitor each segment of production and avoid costly bottlenecks and delays.
WIP Benefits for Manufacturers
- Tracking the transformation of materials from raw materials to finished products.
- Tracking work-in-process materials as they flow from production operation to operation
- Tracking labor consumed by individuals and teams on each operation for each work order
- Tracking materials consumed from stock on each operation of each work order
- Tracking depletion of floor stock based on back-flushing as WIP is reported out from each operation.
- Tracking set-up, run, down, and cleanup time for equipment and machines
- Tracking scrap and rework, plus secondary materials produced by operations.
- Tracking raw materials returned to inventory from jobs.
- Tracking the quality control status of raw materials, WIP and finished goods.
- Capturing materials traceability and defect prevention data.
- Tracking work-in-process by lot and serial numbers, including tracking which materials went into each unit or batch.
- Preventing mistakes by providing point-of-actions warnings when the wrong materials are about to be used for a work order operation.
Barcoding, Inc.’s WIP Solutions
At Barcoding, we offer complete solutions. For all of our software offerings, we recommend use case-specific hardware (mobile computers, printers, tablets, scanners, etc.) and our GoLive Services™ for staging, kitting, and configuration. For enterprise roll-outs, we also recommend our StayLive Services™ (help desk, spare pool, RMAs, asset utilization, and management, etc.) to maximize uptime and the investment made in the technology.
Bottom line, you will have one partner to trust for increased efficiency, accuracy, and connectivity.
“This is the only solution that allows me to get to deep visibility on my unique processes. I can trust the true metrics they provide to help drive continuous improvements.” Mick Arnold, President, Arnold Packaging
Automated Production Visibility (APV) Solution for Manufacturing
APV replaces spreadsheets and clipboards with a real-time production tracking and execution system that is simple to deploy on Zebra hardware and configurable to customer needs.
Business Challenge at a Glance
Legacy manufacturing software is inflexible and expensive, forcing manufacturers to use spreadsheets and clipboards to manage their operations. As a result, they don’t get visibility into production, so they can’t know their true costs, improve their processes, or drive efficiency and savings for their businesses.
How Barcoding Helps
APV’s integrated solution provides accurate, real-time production floor data. Integrating the strengths of Zebra’s mobile technology, Barcoding’s services, and Factory Four’s customizable platform, APV is the best solution for advanced production visibility.
Automated Production Visibility Solution Overview
Facilitate and track processes in real-time
Customize workflows to resemble your processes, then watch our software tell the relevant people what to do next. Workflows are versatile, allowing you to track batch processes, gather quality assurance data, submit and approve quotes, and more.
Continuously improve production
Create dashboards with custom analytics to track progress on KPIs and uncover insights on operator performance, production bottlenecks, and labor costs. Configure real-time dashboards to view work orders by task, status, work center, product type, and more.
Seamless data capture with RFID
APV can be a “humanless experience” with the deployment of RFID technology. Data captured automatically via RFID is integrated into the software through Barcoding’s RLS middleware, providing a seamless experience that captures granular data without disrupting your production floor.
Built for manufacturing and plant floors
APV is built exclusively for Zebra’s line of industry-leading mobile technology. Leverage the use of our software on rugged tablets and mobile devices to create an efficient, accurate, and connected process. Zebra’s RFID solutions will be deployed in cases where RFID technology is determined as the best fit.