How a WMS with Voice Changes Everything
We recently discussed the history of warehouse management systems (WMS) and concluded that their evolution has lead to a more efficient and traceable way of doing things.
Intermec business unit Vocollect and partners recently implemented a WMS integrated with voice at Nature’s Best, the country’s larges privately-owned wholesaler/distributor of natural and organic products.
Since the implementation, Nature’s Best has already noticed a 60 percent boost in accuracy, helping the company continue its rapid expansion.
Nature’s Best had two distribution centers—one in Chino, Calif. And one in Flower Mound, Texas—and with continued expansion, there was an obvious need to integrate people, systems and processes. Once the Vocollect Voice solution with integrated WMS was implemented, Nature’s Best noticed:
- 30 percent productivity improvement for each pick
- 60 percent perfect order improvement over 12 months
- Annual cost savings in credits, labor and rework
- Reduction of 1,400 annual man-hours
- Reduced and easier training time
- Improved worker safety through hands-free/eyes-free