Do More with Barcodes at JCPenny with Findmore
JCPenny recently implementedd the findmore system, which is basically a kiosk that creates a hybrid shopping experience between in-store and online. The 42” touchscreen links store-goers to their website, jcp.com’s, 250,000 online products, allowing users to:
- View jcp.com’s merchandise and search for different sizes, colors, styles etc.
- Check the availability of merchandise, both in-store and at nearby stores
- E-mail images and information about an online item
- Use 360 degree views and zoom features to see product details
- Scan the barcode of an in-store item to learn more about the product’s features, additional colors and sizes available and washing instructions
- Receive product recommendations for complementary items
- View items and outfits and add them to an online dressing room
- Purchase online items and have them shipped to their home or a local JCPenney store
In addition to the large touchscreen, a handheld version of the findmore system is used to in the jewelry department via iPad.
By simply scanning a barcode, JCPenny customers are conected to limitless possibilities. While I haven’t seen a findmore kiost yet, I’d love to hear from someone who has. Let us know if you’ve used the findmore kiosk by commenting here, or on our facebook or twitter pages.