Datalogic Elf: Next Gen Professional PDA
Datalogic Mobile recently announced its next generation professional PDA, the Elf. The Datalogic Elf offers technology and ruggedness needed in field service and sales, delivery, retail and logistics applications.
The new PDA is one of the first in the industry to run Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows Mobile 6.5, giving it an edge in fast performance. In addition, the Elf uses Datalogic’s patented Green Spot technology with both a laser barcode reader and 2D imager. There’s even an option to support HF RFID for reading and writing.
The Datalogic Elf offers an abundance of connectivity options, including:
- UMTS HSDPA mobile radio for voice and data communication
- Embedded 802.11 a/b/g radio with CCX V4 certification for secure enterprise-class mobile connectivity
- Bluetooth® wireless 2.0 EDR for simultaneous connections with lower power consumption.
The Elf is a feature-rich PDA that includes:
- Micro SD card slot (supports SDHC storage cards)
- QWERTY and numeric keyboards
- QVGA and FVGA resolution options
These features allow users to customize their Elf to meet their needs, allowing the Datalogic Elf to morph into a tool for workers both in and outside of the four walls.