Can I Use My Smartphone for Business?
Short answer, no!
With new apps and technology, many people think that they can use standard iPhones or Androids to meet all of their business needs, but those people need to think again. The limitations of using a consumer-grade device over an enterprise device include:
- Lack of scanning speed and functionality
- Insufficient battery life
- Not rugged enough to withstand the conditions of most data collection environments
- Lack of ergonomic designed for repetitive work
- Limited options on radios, keypads, imagers, software, services and peripherals to tailor a solution specific to your application, user needs, and locations of barcodes
- No long-range scanning capabilities
- No omnidirectional scanning capabilities
Using a consumer grade device does not offer these essential features, making scanning inefficient and uncomfortable for workers. In contrast, enterprise grade devices are built for high-volume scanning, and can even read damaged barcodes in poor lighting conditions. In addition, enterprise-grade devices have:
- Longer battery life
- Omni-directional and long-range barcode scanning
- All of the tools needed to run your business
Although smartphones have come a long way, none of them can compete to an enterprise-grade device when it comes to getting the job done efficiently and accurately.