Warehouse Management Systems
Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
From inventory control, shipping and receiving, to order fulfillment, a Warehouse Management System (WMS) is vital to improving the efficiency of a company's warehouse operations. Barcoding, Inc., offers warehouse management software packages that can be customized to fit the needs of companies of any size. By combining a warehouse management system with a wireless network, mobile computers, radio frequency identification (RFID) technology, and voice picking applications, Barcoding can help fully extend your enterprise to the mobile worker, while increasing operational efficiencies and enhancing your customer service.
Learn about Best Practices in Warehouse Management Operations:
Download the White Paper for Free
Benefits of a Warehouse Management System
A comprehensive warehouse management system helps streamline multiple functions of your enterprise:
- Receiving – Gain insights into shipments that have been delivered, but that are not yet at their final location. Make sure items at low stock levels are staged and put away first, reducing the impact of out-of-stocks and inefficient fulfillment processes.
- Put-Away – Know the location of all inventory on your shelves. Route your workers to the right location, set up their picks in the proper order to minimize travel time, and increase the number of orders they can pick each day.
- Picking – Improve error-proofing and productivity in the picking process. Workers receive their picks on a mobile device that routes them to the proper location. Scanning items when you pick them verifies that the right item at the right quantity is picked.
- Packing – Ensure the accuracy of each order that is picked and reduce material costs by determining the right sized shipping carton.
- Shipping – See that each order is properly packaged and shipped to the right destination and delivered on the right date.
The ROI in a Warehouse Management System
Although installing a full-scale warehouse management system can be a costly investment, you will quickly recognize its value. After a warehouse management system has been up and running for only a few months, many of our customers say that they cannot envision their operations without it. From achieving real-time visibility into inventory and orders, to decreasing the time it takes to invoice and receive customer payments, a warehouse management system package extends mobility to each worker in your warehouse and prepares you to scale your business.
Problems Solved with a Warehouse Management System
Relying on paper trails and manual data entry to manage your warehouse compromises worker productivity and inventory accuracy. Once received via printer, orders are picked, packed and shipped, with a paper trail tracking every step of the process. That information is then manually entered it into the system and filed. Should a discrepancy appear in a customer's order or invoice, pinpointing the problem requires cross referencing the data in both the system and file cabinets.
As a result, your organization can avoid experiencing:
- Delayed access to information in the system if has been entered days, or weeks late.
- Inaccurate information in the system
- Late invoices
- Difficulty locating items as they are moved within the warehouse
- Asset Tracking Software
- Device Management Software
- Large Warehouses: Add wireless mobility to an existing ERP system.
- Small Warehouses: Simple and affordable inventory, shipping & receiving software
- Earn Tax Credits for Propane Powered Fork-Lifts
Contact Barcoding Inc. for information on warehouse management software and systems
Call Now: 1 (888) 412-7226
Receive FREE support for 30 days on all purchases.
Contact us for a complimentary evaluation of your needs. Our sales team will answer all your questions about inventory control and automatic data collection.