RFID Systems: Extend the Enterprise
Realizing the Promise of RFID
Manufacturing, logistics, and retail professionals today tend to hear a lot about RFID and believe a little. At Barcoding Inc., we think that’s the right approach. We know many companies struggle to see the value in RFID, even as they hear about major supply chain implementations, new standards, technology breakthroughs and fast-growing adoption. You’re wondering “What are we missing?”
What’s missing in all the attention surrounding RFID is the full story behind the headlines. For example:
- You may be at one of the thousands of companies struggling to see how a project using 25¢ smart labels can provide a good return on investment. Yet, companies who use $50 tags to manage assets often have no problem achieving a full ROI within a year.
- With growing worldwide concern about the safety and authenticity of food and medicine, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has called RFID “…the most promising approach to reliable product tracking and tracing.” Track and trace can only improve safety if the networks and software behind RFID systems can make information available when it’s needed.
- You’ve probably heard of the major RFID compliance tagging mandates, but did you know compliance tagging is not the leading driver of new RFID implementations?
- Well-known consumer products makers, retailers and pharmaceutical giants make headlines for their RFID initiatives, but two-thirds of small manufacturers (< $25 million) surveyed are planning RFID projects – and only 10% are driven by compliance.
(Source: ChainLink Research, December 2006)
RFID is helping cut errors, labor and costs from manufacturing, distribution, retailing, inventory control and asset management operations today. But it isn’t doing it alone. The value you get from an RFID system depends on how well works with your current operations and IT infrastructure. RFID is a powerful tool for capturing data, but it takes a complete system of RFID readers, networks, mobile computers and software to create useful information, and new processes to take advantage of it. Without all these pieces, RFID value is a puzzle that can’t be solved.
See the Whole Picture
The ability to see the whole picture and bring it together for you is what sets Barcoding Inc. apart. Our experienced integration and technology experts can see where RFID fits into your operations – and where it doesn’t. As an independent integrator who works with multiple leading RFID, barcode, wireless computing and software providers, we have the flexibility to recommend what’s best for you. Sometimes the solution is RFID, sometimes it’s not. But solutions from Barcoding Inc. are always tailored to provide maximum value and minimum disruption to your specific business.
For more information on RFID systems and how they might fit into your facility, please contact Barcoding Inc.
- RFID Interpreter
- RFID Wedge
- RFID Active Shelf Inventory System
- RFID Compliance Kits
- RFID Printers/Encoders
- RFID Professional Services
- RFID Readers
- RFID Software
- RFID Tags/Labels
- CaptureTech IGOR
- RFID Site Survey Kit
- RFID Revolution Online Training
- RFID FAQ
Call Now: 1 (888) 412-7226
Receive FREE support for 30 days on all purchases.
Contact us for a complimentary evaluation of your needs. Our sales team will answer all your questions about inventory control and automatic data collection.