Retailers Ready for the Internet of Things
Zebra Technologies recently commissioned a global study that revealed almost all retailers are ready for the Internet of Things. In fact, the survey revealed that the majority of retailers believe IoT will be the technology of the decade!
- 96% of retail decision makers are ready to make the changes required to adopt IoT
- 67% of respondents have already implemented IoT
- 26% of retailers are planning to deploy IoT within a year
- 56% of respondents listed integration challenges as the top barrier to IoT implementations
- 47% mentioned security and privacy as a chief concern
“With the Internet of Things, retailers will be empowered with the intelligence to make strategic, informed business decisions that improve customer loyalty and associate effectiveness while creating exciting experiences for their shoppers,” said Nick D’Alessio, Global Retail Practice Leader, Zebra Technologies.