Machine-to-Machine: Make Your Business Smarter
Machine-to-Machine, or M2M, technology is predicted to change every aspect of the way we live, work and play. For businesses, operational efficiency, quality control, decision-making, customer relationship and transactions will all be enhanced by M2M applications.
M2M technology allows for access to real-time data that organizations can analyze in order to become more efficient, accurate and connected. While the possibilities of M2M are endless, based on the amount of connected devices:
- Wireless traffic will exceed wired device traffic
- There will be twice as many Internet connected devices as people on the planet
- The average mobile network connection speed will grow at a compound annual growth rate of 56% and will exceed 2.9 Mbps in 2016.
- There will be over 10 billion mobile connected devices in 2016
- Mobile network connection speeds will increase 9-fold by 2016
However, when it comes to M2M, connectivity is key—devices can’t communicate with each other without a good Internet connection. A modem is the key ingredient to M2M and IoT technology. Internet can be received using 4G LTE, but failover routers that access another wired or wireless connection should be deployed to prevent downtime.
Cradlepoint offers their COR Series, which was designed to specifically meet the space and connectivity challenges in the M2M market. The Cradlepoint COR Series offers a flexible, reliable and secure solution that is ideal for high-availability, portable or fixed M2M applications.
Learn more about how Cradlepoint can help with your M2M business solution.