Fandango Implements Mobile Ticketing
Mobile barcoding is becoming more and more prevalent in the US and now Fandango and has jumped on board. The movie mogul plans to test the 2D barcodes at various theatres in place of physical tickets. The new tickets will be delivered to your mobile device in the form of a barcode, which the ticket taker will able to scan using a 2D barcode scanner.
Mobile barcoding will eliminate the need to pick up tickets purchased upon arriving, which saves time for consumers and eliminate paper and printing costs for the theatres. The following theatres across the country will be participating in this exciting new program:
- New York: City Cinemas 1, 2 & 3, Angelika Film Center, East 86th Street Cinemas, Village East Cinema, Beekman Theatre, The Paris Theatre
- New Jersey: Manville 12 Plex
- Houston: Angelika Film Center
- Dallas/Plano: Angelika Dallas; Angelika Plano
- San Diego: La Mesa Grossmont Center, Clairemont Town Square Stadium
- Bakersfield: Valley Plaza 16
- Sonoma County: Rohnert Park 16
- Hawaii: Ward Stadium, Kahala Theater, Kapolei 16, Mililani Stadium
If you’ve been to any of these theatres and used Fandagos’ new system, tell us how it went!